Behind Closed Doors: Decoding Walled Gardens in Digital Marketing

Walled gardens, including Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and others, command 78% of global digital advertising revenue in 2022, leaving only 22% for the open internet

Despite consumers spending less than half (48%) of their digital media time within walled gardens, marketers in India allocate 5.5 times more ad spend to these closed ecosystems compared to the open internet

Walled gardens create a closed ecosystem, where platforms like Facebook and Amazon tightly manage data flow and campaign performance information

Advertisers seeking specific audiences must use walled garden advertising services, impacting user data access and return on investment

Behind Closed Doors: Decoding Walled Gardens in Digital Marketing