whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, with over 2 billion active users. It has revolutionized the way we connect and communicate with our friends, family, and colleagues. While most users are familiar with the basic features of sending messages to contacts, there are several advanced features that can enhance your WhatsApp experience. In this article, we will explore how to send whatsapp messages to contacts and make the most of these features.
1. Starting a chat: To start a chat, open the WhatsApp application on your smartphone and tap on the chat icon, usually located in the bottom right corner of the screen. Once you open the chat, you can either search for the contact’s name in the search bar or scroll through your contact list to find the person you wish to message.
2. Sending text messages: Once you have opened a chat, you can simply type your message in the text input field at the bottom and press the send button (usually shaped like an arrow). This will send your message to the contact, and you can continue the conversation by typing and sending subsequent messages.
3. Multimedia messages: WhatsApp allows you to send not only text messages but also various forms of multimedia such as photos, videos, and documents. To send a photo, for example, tap on the attachment icon (usually shaped like a paperclip), select the photo you wish to send, and press the send button. The process is similar for sending videos and documents.
4. Voice messages: If you prefer sending voice messages instead of typing text, WhatsApp has a feature that allows you to record and send voice messages. To do this, open a chat, tap and hold the microphone icon (usually located to the right of the text input field), record your message while holding the icon, and release it when you’re done recording. The voice message will be sent automatically, and the recipient can listen to it at their convenience.
5. Group messages: WhatsApp also enables you to send messages to multiple contacts simultaneously through group chats. To create a group chat, open WhatsApp, tap on the chat icon, select “New Group,” choose the contacts you want to add, and give the group a name. Once the group is created, you can send messages, multimedia, and voice messages to all the participants in one go.
6. Broadcast messages: If you want to send a message to multiple contacts without creating a group, the broadcast feature is your go-to option. It allows you to send the same message to multiple contacts individually, ensuring that each recipient receives it as a separate message. To use this feature, tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner, select “New Broadcast,” choose the contacts you want to send the message to, compose your message, and press the send button.
7. Formatting and emojis: WhatsApp also offers various formatting options to make your messages more expressive. You can add italics, bold, and strikethrough to your text by adding special characters before and after the desired text. For example, to write in italics, use underscores (_text_); for bold, use asterisks (*text*); and for strikethrough, use tildes (~text~). Additionally, you can enrich your messages with emojis by tapping on the emoji icon (usually beside the text input field) and selecting from the vast range of emojis available.
WhatsApp continues to evolve and introduce new features regularly, providing users with more ways to connect and communicate with their contacts. By familiarizing yourself with the features mentioned in this article, you can make the most of your WhatsApp experience and enhance your conversations with friends, family, and colleagues.